When working with valuable information, the issues of its security come to the fore. Thus, modern companies use digital data room, a convenient tool for planning and managing enterprises, operating based on a corporate data warehouse. Here is more about it.
Virtual data room for secure data exchange
Regardless of the field of work, today, anyone can store confidential or commercial information, effectively control partners, customers, and investors, communicate with the board of directors, work with documentation, and manage their team’s work.
The issue of secure storage of information can be considered one of the key issues in the life of a company, and its leader will not neglect this. The specialists who ensure the company’s information security are interested in, firstly, minimizing the amount of important information and, secondly, restricting access to it. It is the case where a virtual data room system can help them. Such a system allows you to organize a single corporate information environment with a common data warehouse and set up access rights for employees. In addition, the rich data room interface eliminates the need for users to work with third-party applications, which also reduces the possibility of unauthorized access.
Following vdrdienst.de, talking about information security in a data room, we can start by defining the goals we want to achieve in the system. So, the goals and objectives of information security are:
- reduction of risks of loss/disclosure of information;
- compliance with state and internal corporate information protection standards;
- protection of data integrity;
- guarantee of confidentiality of internal information of the enterprise.
Setting up a security system for virtual data room
Data room solution is a cloud-based platform that provides a secure data repository and collaborative tools to make business transactions efficiently. It is a software package for managing a company. Such a system stores and interconnects data on all business processes: sales, accounting, procurement, personnel, and project management.
The main objective of implementing data room systems is to reduce the amount of manual work by creating a single space for planning and management. Thanks to such platforms, companies minimize costs, effectively control the work of employees, and even improve the level of customer service. Taken together, this forms the conditions for effective business scaling.
Such systems offer a high level of security. They will provide a centralized backup of important and confidential data. Data protection in the data room solution consists of the following points:
- a systematic solution to the issue of IT security: process automation, constant updating of tools, refinement of functionality up to a comprehensive restructuring of the operation of control systems at the enterprise;
- creation of a clear password protection scheme, personalized access, implementation of audit and security monitoring tools with the help of qualified specialists;
- organizing the security of communication channels – using SSL / TLS mechanisms, additional licensed encryption products, digital signature certificates, and so on;
- creation of a legally significant workflow, passive protection, SSF support, verification of electronic signatures, use of cryptography tools;
- providing technical protection – intelligent systems that prohibit uploading/copying/ transferring data while providing access to authorized users to the information they need.
Consequently, the use of cryptographic, technical security, secure URIs, and other features is a must, despite the complexity of the implementation process. However, the effectiveness of protection directly depends on the competence of specialists, so only experienced professionals should be trusted.